According to Research,
The ultimate aim or strategy of SEO practices is to increase the website’s rank in the Google search engine. Both optimizations of website and an increase in traffic are achieved through on-page SEO. On-page SEO will help the crawlers and Google algorithms to understand the content of the website more productively.
With the increase in website ranking, the online presence of the business is guaranteed. If the online presence is ensured, the annual revenue of the company running the website will also increase.
Hence on-page SEO is very crucial when doing website SEO, Every business owner should ask their technical experts to work on this area. It is very beneficial for the business in the long run. The sales volume will increase with the online presence of the website.
There are many more benefits of on-page SEO practices: –
- Improving the technical setup of the website
- Increasing the quality of the codes
- Incorporating textual and visual contents
- User-friendliness of the website
So before starting website SEO, you must know about important On-page SEO Checklist.
Let’s Begin With an Important list of Checklist :
1. Concise page titles and H1 tags: – On-page SEO factors start with creating a powerful title. The web crawlers can understand the intention of the page through the title. It should be the exact ad descriptive.
A unique and eye-catching title is always loved by the readers. The primary keyword must be present in the title tag section.
2. Descriptive and SEO-friendly URLs: – There is a distinct URL fixed for every website. It is just like an online address. These addresses directly communicate the client with the website.
No special word accumulation is encouraged in the URL. A URL with a maximum of 5 words will be perfect. SERP ranking is also influenced due to the URL.
3. Compelling meta description: – It is a small snippet of text. It helps to describe the content of the page most accurately. It creates a sense of eagerness among the customers regarding the expectations of the article. The meta-description should be detailed. But there is a permissible limit of 928-pixel width.
4. Sub-headings and header tags: – Subheadings can create a good user experience. It automatically allows the content writers to include the keywords in the content. The scanning of the content will get easier.
The overview of the content can be estimated through the subheadings. The readers will use it as a roadmap for navigating through the entire content. The content should be fragmented into logical and scannable chunks.
5. Keywords placements: – The first 100 words of the content make the ideal position for the placement of keywords. Page titles, meta-description, URL, and sub-headings are some other good places for keyword placements. This practice will help Google to understand the content in great depth.
Using keywords 2 or 3 times per 100 words is generally recommended for the content writers. It makes the reader always engaged with the content.
6. Good user experience: – The users should have a seamless experience while visiting the website. Good user experience must be ensured. A strategic, responsive design should be created. All the links should work efficiently.
Navigation difficulties are not good for the performance of the website. Bad results are produced due to an increase in the bounce rates. Hence the user experience must be very smooth.
7. Presence of internal links: – Internal links can create some relation with other pages providing similar contents within the same website. It can create an opportunity to boost the traffic on the website. The users will get a bigger opportunity to explore the pages. It is like a trail made for the users.
The addition of internal links will boost up the dwell time on the website.
8. External/outbound links: – There are some links in the pages of the content whose website does not exist. External links are the links of these anonymous websites. They should be put inside the passage. It is helpful for the crawlers. It makes them understand the content better.
It is important to include the out outbound links to the content. This On-page SEO Checklist will improve the entire SEO process of the page.
9. Secondary/LSI keywords: – Latent Semantic Indexing keywords are related to the primary keyword. It sounds similar to the primary keywords. More context can be created with related keywords or phrases. It is very relevant when the topic is broad and covers a lot of ideas.
LSI keyword-based articles may be spread throughout Google. The Google bots will gradually get habituated with the concept of the content. This ensures the quality of the content is high. The Ranking of the website will improve automatically.
10. Image optimizations: – The content on the page creates excitement in the customer due to the addition of images. Images are eye-catching. They can easily attract the attention of the customers. The overall ranking of the page is improved.
Alt Tags can be used when the image is not able to upload itself on the page. Reduce the size of images.
Consider the following: does it make any sense to upload a 1600 × 1200 image to your website if you are sure it will display as an 800 × 600 image? It may be a good idea to choose a unified image size and stick to it while editing images from the store.
11. Loading speed: Loading speed is an important ranking factor, especially for local SEO. Having a fast-loading speed can improve ranking on local and universal search engines. It is one of the most important On-page SEO Checklist, which affects the ranking to a great extent.
12. Add social sharing links: – Content is more likely to be found when it is optimized for both search and social. Include sharing buttons, and add click-to-tweet and another social sharing call to actions on the page.
13. Page layout: The design of the page is another point that must be taken into account to benefit the user experience. Choose carefully the font that will be used and the size of it, thus ensuring that the reading is pleasant.
14. Enable Https: This protocol is totally unnecessary in development, but, once passed to the definitive server, we must remember to activate safe browsing.
15. Check broken links: It is worthwhile, especially if we have had to change the domain and activate the security certificate- to check that all the links work. Normally, those that depend on the platform work correctly, and we will detect errors in the description links or within our texts.
16. Search Console and Sitemap: Once the website is published and accessible for indexing, it is necessary to register it in the Google Search Console webmaster tool. Among other features, it has the tool to send the sitemaps to be indexed.
Basically, it is to send a file with all our published URLs, so that Google can have a complete map of your website, without having to navigate it.
17. Check that it is not locked for indexing: A necessary practice during the development of any website to be published online is to block it so that it cannot be tracked, either through HTML tags or through TXT robot inputs. So, make sure that the site is not locked for indexing.
18. Change of links: At this time, the links on your entire website are created with the HTTP protocol prefix, without https. The solution is not to redirect from one version to the other, it is to change the way the links are created. Both HTML and JS, CSS… and all are via https. Putting a redirect in the way would affect the tracking frequency.
19. Has the ultimate server: Have you used a development environment? A common practice – especially among web development companies – is to work the web on a server that is not the definitive one. You can also use your own computer as a pre-production server.
29. It’s easy to navigate your site: If your store visitor can’t understand which page to see and which button to click, this person won’t buy anything; A confusing store structure is one of the most common dropshipping mistakes.
When two pages are linked to each other, they both have a chance to slightly improve their ranking. In addition, this On-page SEO Checklist allows your store visitor to easily switch from one page to another.
On-page SEO Checklist as an important tool for creating a good ranking of the website of the company. It is essential to optimize the website.
The succeeding financial year will experience its benefits. Some specific targeted keywords related to the business can be found out. The speed of the page will increase to a great extent. This creates a willingness in the customers to visit the websites regularly. A cost-effective marketing approach can be modeled.
A good return on investment is assured. A buzz will be created in the business.
Hence it is important to make a good effort to make the business shape in a new dimension. The companies must take care of their online presence through on-page SEO techniques. It is the modern era of the business world having advanced tools.